Safe and secure transportation
of your precious cargo:
HOW TO REGISTER AS A DRIVER AND EARN EXTRA INCOME FROM DAY ONE
(the following steps also registers your Children in the event that you want to book rides for them, or they book their own rides)
Register as a Parent (Guardian):
- Download the Schoolride APP and SnapScan APP from your APP store.
- Complete your personal details as a parent.
- The Scholar does not have to complete any details self.
- Fill in the primary address as one of the drop off locations.
- Upload a clear photo of yourself so that you can easily be identified.
- Complete your child’s details as requested.
Register your Scholar:
- Complete your child’s personal details.
- A valid mobile number for your child is mandatory.
- Parents will receive a password to sync the child’s phone with their own.
- Upload a recent, suitable image of the scholar in order for he/she to be easily identified by the driver.
- Confirm which school your child is attending and submit the most recent school statement.
- Select whether or not you would like your child to be able to book their own trips.
Register as a Schoolride driver:
- Under your profile click register as a driver (you may start driving from day one and submit your PDP once you have obtained it). It is a simple process to obtain your PDP, please click on the link provided on the Schoolride website.
- Upload a copy of your passenger liability insurance (contact your broker or insurance company)
- Upload a clear image of your vehicle in order to easily identify it i.e. A 45° angle image of the front of your vehicle.
- Motor vehicle details- make, model and registration number.
- Upload a copy of your child’s most recent school statement.
- Complete your banking details in order for the Schoolride team to issue your payment for each trip which is payed to you biweekly.
- Click on the º (Hamburger menu) in the Schoolride APP, select the “Add schools to drive for” option and choose the schools for which you would like to be a driver in your community.
- Submit the necessary information for the vetting process.
Register as a Driver
Download the APP and follow the Instructions
Guardian and Scholar Registration
Download the APP and follow the Instructions
Frequently asked questions (FAQ):
How do I register to become a Schoolride driver?
SCHOOLRIDE DRIVER (PARENTS) CAN START DRIVING FROM DAY ONE
Download the Schoolride App on your phone from your App Store and start earning from day one.
Have the following at hand:
- Profile pic of yourself (for identification purposes, so scholars can verify drivers)
- Profile pic of your Child (this is for when your children needs a ride themselves from other drivers, for identification purposes)
- Latest Statement of your Child's School Account (this serves as proof that your children are still at school)
- Your banking details (this is needed in order for Schoolride to pay you for rides completed)
- Copy of your Pdp License (you can immediatelly start driving and submit your PdP once obtained, an easy task via the internet - click on PrDP link above)
- Copy of your Public Liability Insurance (contact your broker or insurance company to add to your existing Vehicle Insurance. The cost involved is minimal)
- Picture of your Vehicle at a 45° angle from the front of your vehicle (so scholars can identify your vehicle upon pick-up)
- Your Vehicle's registration number (so scholars can identify your vehicle upon pick-up)
What steps do I need to follow after getting the above information to complete my registration?
1) Complete your personal details as a Parent
2) Your Child does not need to register, you register your Child on your APP (you will receive a Password with which your Child can log-in on their phone)
3) Fill in your primary address as one of your approved drop-off locations
4) Upload a clear profile photo of yourself
5) Click on "Register as Driver"
6) Complete your banking details for Schoolride payments to you
7) Upload picture of your Passenger Liability Cover
8) Upload your PdP License (remember, you may start driving from day one and sumbit yout PdP once you have obtained it, a simple process by clicking on the PrDP link above)
9) Complete your Vehicle details as promted and upload Picture
How do I register my scholar?
To register as a driver, you need to complete your scholar's details as proof that you are a parent-driver.
1) Complete your Child's details and upload their Profile picture (this is so other drivers can visually identify your child for when they use the Schoolride APP)
2) A valid mobile number is mandatory, for the Schoolride APP on your Child's phone to syncronise with your phone
3) Select whether or not you would like your Child to be able to book their own trips
4) Add your Child's School from the drop down list, as one of your approved drop-off locations
5) Upload Statement of your Child's School Statement, as proof that your Child is a scholar
6) Click on Submit
7) Click on the ≡ (Hamburger menu) in the Schoolride APP, select the “Add schools to drive for” option and choose the schools for which you would like to be a driver in your community.
8) You may add more Approved drop-off locations for your Children by clicking on the ≡ (Hamburger menu) and then "Approved Locations" (alternatively, if your Child books a ride to an address that’s not yet on your Approved Locations, you will receive a Notification to Approve or Decline the Address. Once approved, it will be added as an Approved drop-off location)
How to register on the Schoolride APP?
Download the Schoolride APP on your mobile device, and follow the steps shown to register.
How to apply for passenger liability insurance?
Contact your Vehicle insurance company or broker. It is a simple process whereby they add the passenger liability insurance to your existing vehicle insurance. The cost involved is minimal
Are the Schoolride trips only to school and back?
Trips are not limited to school and back, you can drive for any extra mural activities as well as over weekends for non-school related practices. A registered Schoolride driver that is available for trips, may drive Scholars to any requested drop off point with authorization of the location from their parents.
How much money can a Schoolride driver earn?
A Schoolride driver can earn any amount ranging from R3000-R12000 per month doing what they do on a daily basis and depending on how often they are willing to accept trips.
No more walk-ins at the driving licence testing centres in Tshwane from 1 October 2018
The MMC for Roads and Transport, Cllr Sheila Senkubuge, would like to advise the members of the public that as of 1 October 2018, there will be no more walk-ins at any Driving Licence Testing Centre (DLTC) for people applyimg for driver's licence cards, PrDPs and learner's licences in Tshwane.
Tshwane is making use of an online booking system that was launced on 31 August 2018.
To find out more follow this link:
012 358 9999